[FWDLK] For sale/wanted 03/07/05 : WARNING !

[FWDLK] For sale/wanted 03/07/05 : WARNING !

Hi all,

With regards to Dan's posted ad, as follows:
"57-61 Dodge, DeSoto, Plymouth, Chrysler 2 door hardtops and converts, top $ paid, dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in TX"

The person posting that ad is none other than the infamous David Glassel.

Mr. Glassel is indeed quite in-famous for being personally responsible for the "creation" of many fake convertible Chrysler 300's, of the finned era, as well as some other similar Mopars, back in the 70's and 80's.  There were numerous VIN numbers switched, data plates switched, and hanky-panky of every possible kind. There were lawsuits...  and much, much unpleasantness.

I have personally been involved in the fallout, which is still ongoing. These fake, revinned, chopped hardtops made into convertibles keep resurfacing, like a bad case of indigestion. Some of them ended up in Sweden. Some of them are still here in the USA.  They change owners now and then, and the end story is always the same: some poor sucker ends up paying a LOT of money for what he thinks is a legit car, and ends up being anything but.

Mr. Glassel had dropped out of sight for many years. Unfortunately, I have seen his recent ad in WPC with great dismay. I strongly urge anyone to stay away from him and pass the word along; it appears, from his ads, that he is once again looking for suitable cars to butcher up.

John H.