Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:11 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] WOW, HARDTOPS CHANGED TO CONVERTIBLES !!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

         Wow, I just read the post of David Glassel the man who makes convertibles out of hardtops.
What a great ideal. If you are a purist and a collector of numbers please excuse my thinking. I enjoy my collector cars and drive them and do not loose any sleep over the numbers maybe not matching. I am in the fun business when it comes to cars.
I used to be in the numbers business when it came to cars. I was an extremist and perfectionist and I would match wits with professional critics at car meets that also matched numbers and that was our enjoyment. We would sit behind our trailer queen vehicles and get an extreme high over other people saying "Wow look at this beauty, what is it like to drive a car like that ?" It was hard to answer that one question because being an extreme perfectionist when it came to keeping them 100% stock and super low mileage---------I never really got a chance to really drive it hardly anywhere!!!!!!!
         Then one day I thought,
fun is more important then money so I changed my thinking and started driving my collector cars to shows, drive in restaurants, cruises, etc., even to Sunday church. Weather permitting also long Sunday drives that seemed to make everyone else that saw the car on the highway happy also.
          The way I look at it is I don't think that someday when I am lying on my deathbed that my last words to my love ones will be "Listen everybody, my cars has super low miles on it so it is worth extra $???? dollars more------ so buy me a nice Tombstone.
NO, NO, NO, I AM GOING TO SMILE AND SAY "WOW WHAT A RIDE WHAT FUN THOSE CARS WERE--------------MAKE SURE YOU SELL THEM TO SOMEONE WHO WILL ENJOY THEM AS MUCH AS I DID!!!!!!!!!!"
                      Hmmmmmm, now let's see, -------------------which one of my collector cars would look good with a convertible roof???!!!!!!????

                                                               RON ALLYN SWARTLEY