Re: [FWDLK] Chopping Hardtops to make Convertibles

Re: [FWDLK] Chopping Hardtops to make Convertibles

It makes little difference if the owner tells
the buyer that the vert was originally a hardtop.
The "buyer" is the one who will turn around and
sell the vert to the unsuspecting public for a
financial gain...

Tom                             southern Ohio

>>> George Sazdoff <Scavengers58@xxxxxx> 03/10/05 11:18 AM >>>
I have to agree with most of you on the list regarding cutting up hardtops to
make convertibles.  This is a very distasteful practice regardless if it is
up front or not.  The suggestion that this individual is doing this for
financial gain is a Felony here in the good old U.S of A.  It's called FRAUD.  If
anyone can proove that this is, or has happened, they need to push to have this
stopped.  Anyone fraudulently passing off hardtops as legit convertibles needs
to be dealt with legally.  Now, it is anyones right to construct any kind of
vehicle for their own personal enjoyment.....within the constraints of the
law..  Once this vehicle is put up for sale...the ethical and moral thing to do is
to represent it for what it truly is.   If this sort of thing would be
allowed....we may as well set up printing presses in our garages....