[FWDLK] In God We Trust

Members, I would like to share with you my experiance with the nonoriginal purchase. A year ago or so I bought what I thought was an original Desoto, that is the owner reported that he believed it to be a complete original car. This person is or was a list member, had several very rare FL cars and was very knowledgeable about the forward look years. He claimed this car to be rust free. I asked if he was sure he said he was quite sure. After driving 1200 plus miles. I arrived to inspect and was very dismayed, to see that after merely pulling back the trunk mat there was a lot of corrosion, the floorboards were in a similar state, the body was good but had some bubbling, I guess he meant to say the rust was free, and oh the 4'" crease in the side was 7' long, I none the less was still evaluating the potential and was willing to cope with the discrepancies. Needing to return home ASAP I made the deal loaded the car and left. Once home I immmediatly discover the engine was not the original and from the wrong year. I called to express my dissatisfaction but got the I didn't know and oh well treatment. The moral here, trust no one and inspect completely. The car appears very original and its OK, but I wanted an original and was foolish enough to think a fellow FL expert would have the car straight and represent it straight, OUCH. Tim in Golden any my  (Johnny Cash) 58 Desoto