From: "Dick Skinner" <dickskinner.ma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:09 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] Gas Tank Leak

I have a leak at the junction of the gas float mechanism and the gas
tank in my 1959 Plymouth station wagon.  It could be a bad gasket or
just not tight enough.  Does anyone know where I can get, or borrow a
wrench to tighten or remove the nut holding the mechanism in place?
Also, due to an incredible lapse of thinking, I did not check the
operation of the float mechanism prior to reinstalling the gas tank - of
course the gas gauge does not work.  And, by troubleshooting all parts
of the system, the problem is in the sending unit.  Could be the ground,
although I have attempted to be sure via a separate ground wire, that
the sending unit is grounded.  Any thoughts?

Dick Skinner, Mendon  Mass
1959 Plymouth Sport Suburban
1953 Maxim Pumper Fire Truck