Re: [FWDLK] oil filler cap media

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryan Scott" <scott1990@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 9:12 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] oil filler cap media

First things first...Happy Easter to all - wishing all of you a safe,
happy
and spiritual holiday!

Here's my question - I removed the valve covers and oil filler caps from
my
1958  361 V-8 and painted them.  The filler caps are vented and have a
nipple that connects to a hose.  It appears that sealed inside the cap is
filter media of some sort.  Is there a way to clean the media, perhaps by
soaking the cap in denatured alcohol, or is that a bad idea?  Or, doesn't
it
matter at all and I'm wasting my energy even thinking about it?