[FWDLK] leaking 58 Ply trans

Hello List- my 58 Plymouth belvedere has I believe a 61? torqueflight that leaks badly (the longer the car sits the worse) from the shift cable to trans area. I was looking at the service manual but cant tell if there is a seal between the case and shaft in the photos. I took it to a trans shop to have the trans rebuilt about 12! years ago and it leaked after that. I brought it back to them 5 times to stop that leak and it would start again soon after. Looks like they put a ton of sealer between the shift cable cover and case. Any ideas on a fix would be appreciated. -Jack ( twelve years of slight leaking have turned into a fast drip, flowed over the drip pan, and made a mess out of the garage!)