Re: [FWDLK] Transmission Mount

The only transmission mount I can find is the crossmember support that fits
between the brackets for the torsion bars.

The crossmember is called the  "Frame Engine Rear Support Crossmember",
although it actually attaches to the transmission - Section 6-69-4 for an
automatic.
The 1960 part number is 2122 578 and fits all 118" and 122" wheelbase V8
cars (meaning all but Plymouth 6, Dart 6, Chrysler Saratoga & New Yorker and
all.Imperials).  The same number is used in 1961.  In 1962-64 that part
number is used for Dodge 880 and Chryslers with a manual (A-745)
transmission.

The insulator, which is the part you need,. is called "Engine Rear Support
Insulator" and fits the same 1960-61 cars as mentioned above :# 1734 529.
Again, it fits 1962-64 Dodge 880 and Chrysler cars with a manual
transmission.   Interestingly, it also fits all 1958-59 V8 engine cars
except the Imperial convertible.

The 1965 Chryslers received a major redesign and thus all numbers changed.
1962 was the first year for the aluminum-case A727 Torqueflite which
accounts for the change in insulator for the automatic 880 and Chrysler
models.

Bill
Vancouver, BC