Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Dodge D500 2dr wagon?

Rare ?          Yes, I think so.
Desirable ?     Yes, to Mopar people.
Valuable ?      That's the hard question.
                Parts are hard to find, sometimes
                expensive, if you can get them.
                Could you make money, or get your
                money back out of it ? Probably not.
                It takes a sweet rebuild job for that.

I find it very cool. So much depends on the car's
completeness and condition. I would love to see it.
Probably like to own it. But I'm a member of the
Forward Look, so I am not the average guy.

Let us know what happens.

Tom                 southern Ohio
                    55 Coronet 2 door sedan
                    57 Coronet 2 door hardtop

>>> "Bill K." <pontiac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 04/28/05 21:22 PM >>>
A buddy of mine has been telling me about a car he found someplace by him,
he knows I dabble in Dodges and Plymouths when I can find them reasonable...

Anyhow, the car he found is a '57 Dodge 2-door wagon...  the car is
complete, has the Hemi in it, and has D500 badges on it.  Not sure what
trans or other options.  I know it sits on the ground in a pine woods near a
bluff, so the chassis could be rotty on it.   The usual New York State
conditions -

Anyone have any idea how rare or desirable a car like that is?  I couldn't
do it justice, but if someone would want it I could see finding it a home.
This is something that's been sitting around for a long time, long before it
would ever be worth the time to create a car like that.   The Dodge 2dr
wagons are kind of unusual as it is, I've only seen a couple sitting
around - it would be sure to be different at a show.

Might be able to come up with a '57 D500 ragtop, too, he has a line on one
of those somewhere (one of those guys thats funny to deal with, though).

Thanks

Bill K.