[FWDLK] rear brake drums

On my '57 Dodge Coronet the left rear drum looks new but the hub is
old.     The drum is not attached to the hub.  The drum slides right
off the hub.    It simply fits over the hub and then of course when the
wheel is bolted on everything is tight.   I've never seen a "loose"
rear drum before on any other of my Forwardlook cars.      Will this
have any effect on braking or cause any other problems?   thanks.
Nick Nichols