Re: [FWDLK] 1956 Plaza 277 v8 removal

Depending on how the gasket broke and where, how about resealing the pan with a silicon gasket maker?  I have done this and had a repair that worked for years.  It was on a B engine.  I just cleaned the surfaces as oil free as possible and squeezed a thin layer of the sealant onto both surfaces, laid the broken pieces of pan gasket into place and snugged it up. After about 15 minutes I went ahead and torqued it home. It may not be a concourse type repair, but it worked and saved an enormous amount of labor.

Bill Huff