Re: [FWDLK] Brake Fluid & Power Steering Fluids

Re: [FWDLK] Brake Fluid & Power Steering Fluids

The master cylinder is more easily accessed with the bellows of the brake booster compressed.  Have someone sit in the car and hold the pedal down while you remove the cover, fill it, and replace the cover.  Or if no one is available, compress the pedal with a 2x4 or something the right size that you can wedge between the pedal and your front seat.

Many people don't realize that brake fluid evaporates through the often-vented cover of the master cyl.  You may not have a leak.  However be sure to have someone look for one in case you do have a leak.   If only evaporation was the cause of the master going dry during storage, I find typically I can fill it and not have to bleed the brakes as air has not gotten lower in the piston area of the master.

Wayne