Re: [FWDLK] brake light problem

Yes you can, but before you do, run some checks.
Check the bulb and make sure it's the correct kind for the socket (not
a 2 filament bulb in a single socket or vice-versa) , then check for
current inside the socket, with the test light. See if you have current
there with the brake pedal depressed. If so, then see if you have
current using the socket as ground and the probe on the contact.
If there's no current at the socket, then there's an open between the
switch and the socket. Mice in the trunk? They love to chew on wires.
You may find a connector apart in the trunk. Pull apart any connector
you find and check for corrosion.
If all else fails, run your new wire.

Good luck, Ray
Ray Jones, Mena, AR in the Ouachita Mountains in western Arkansas
Y'all com'on down and we'll sit ona porch and sip a few.