Re: [FWDLK] Sap

Tony,  sap from a tree can be removed using mineral spirits. Bill, black
spots from leaves is an acid from decaying leaves and it has eaten into the
surface of the paint. The only way to remove it is to remove some of the
paint by using a buffing compound or wet/dry sand paper of about 400 to 600
grit, buff with polishing compound and then seal the surface with a coat of
clear.

                      "Bill K."
                      <pontiac@DREAMSCAP        To:       L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      E.COM>                    cc:
                      Sent by: Forward          Subject:  Re: [FWDLK] Sap
                      Look Mopar
                      Discussion List
                      <L-FORWARDLOOK@lis
                      ts.psu.edu>

                      06/08/2005 07:49
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Bill K."

Personally I'd like to know what I can use to cut the black crap that gets
on a car when it sits under a maple tree for a long time.  I have one here
with decent paint under the black stuff, but not sure what I can use to get
it off.  Newer cars that sit that had shiny paint it comes off if you scrub
real hard, but the thought of scrubbing the top of this car for hours makes
me not want to bother -

Bill K.