Re: [FWDLK] When to Drain Fuel?

Hi Jason,
Actually, that is a misnomer.  You should fill the tank completely before long term storage.  This will leave no air space for condensation to form and rust to take hold.  The Sta-bil works fine on new gas before you store, but will do you little good after 2+ years.
Unfortunatly I would say drain the tank, and then fill it again with fresh gas.  Also, dump in a can of fuel system cleaner before you fill it.  This should take care of the fuel lines.  I would also pull the carb and clean out the float bowls before any attempt.  This also gives you a chance to check the jets and needle valves.
Finally, I would pull the distributor and drive gear and prime the oil system before any attempt to start.  This will prevent destroying your bearings that have not seen oil in 2+ years.

Good luck with it,
Charles.