[FWDLK] Chryslers at Carlisle (C@C) 2005

Hi All,

I apologize for not writing sooner – things have been pretty hectic here…  I just started getting the DeSoto ready yesterday; it hasn’t moved since last C@C, so we’ll see how that goes.

A few folks have asked me about the Forward Look schedule for Chryslers at Carlisle.  We’ll be doing the same format as in previous years.  Here’s a rundown on the highlights:

VEHICLE REGISTRATION:

I believe you may still register online at http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CE&Category_Code=AN2 .  You may also register at the gates upon entrance.  The fee is $45, which includes admission for one car and two people for the whole event.  PLEASE remember to enter “The Forward Look Network” for your club name

If you’re just attending the event without a vehicle, I believe the fee is only $8.

Most of us register for the “Fun Field”, which is participant (owner) judged.  It’s all pretty much ‘peoples’ choice’ type of awards, and there are multiple classes for our cars.  I believe offhand they are:

1955-1956

1957-58-59

1960-64

DeSoto (all)

Chrysler 300 (all)

Golden Fin (1956-57-58 Fury)

Imperial

Survivors

CAMPING:

In the past, camping has been $15 for the weekend, and I believe the cost has remained the same.  You register for camping in the same building for vehicle registrations.  There are very nice on-site shower facilities.  Most of us have camped on “Mount Exner” – which is our name for the area around Carlisle’s big billboard in the middle of the camping area.  Here’s a picture of the area from 2003 (http://www.forwardlook.net/events/Carlisle2003/IM003617.JPG)

THE FORWARD LOOK TENT:

We generally have our club tent on the Fun Field in the 1957-58-59 vehicle area.  It should be behind my 1959 DeSoto Seville (Blue & white).  It is a white 10’ by 10’ tent, which will have multicolored ‘car lot’ pennants around the outside.  There is also a nice “Forward Look” banner that Alumcan had made for us.  We will have coolers and tables available to get out of the sun for a while.  Feel free to bring some snacks or drinks to share while you relax.  It’s a great place to meet and relax with other ForwardLookers you’ve met online.

Juley has been working all week to make nice little things for the tent, including stenciling all of the pennants and the like.  It should be a pretty comfy place again.  She has also made us a ‘first aid kit’, of band-aids, aspirins/Tylenol/Advil, sunscreen, mosquito repellant and more.

“THE BANQUET”

On Saturday, around 5 or 6 PM, we always meet at the Forward Look tent on the fun field for dinner.  I promise to try and get something other than pizza this year.  I’m thinking fried chicken and all the fixin’s might be nice for a change.  As time has been short, we still haven’t finalized dinner plans, but we always come up with something nice.

Please feel free to contact me or ask the group if you have any questions.

See you there!!!

-Dave & Juley