Re: [FWDLK] Removing the crankshaft bolt

Re: [FWDLK] Removing the crankshaft bolt

Have access to an impact wrench?  That might do it.

I'm used to tearing down stuck engines, and the one engine I tore down that
did move was junk too so I just stuck something down a plug hole, which I
would not recommend on a runner or a motor you plan to rebuild.

You could put the car in gear, but with an automatic that won't help much.
It seems as though a tool is made to lock into the teeth of the flywheel
that would keep the engine from turning over, though - anyone know the
proper name or if you can rent one from say Autozone?

Bill K.