[FWDLK] Car Finish

Hello,
I'm looking for ideas on what I need to do to "bring out" the existing paint finish on my '59 Dodge.  It has 57,000 miles on it & has the original paint.  The copper color on top of the hood & trunk had oxidized & looked dull.  I've used everything I can think of, i.e., several grades of rubbing/polishing compounds, finish restorer, foaming clay compound, cleaner/wax, & lotsa elbow grease, etc. and, even though most of the oxidization is gone,  now I have blotches in the color.  I even experimented very carefully with using my polisher/buffer, but did most of it by hand.  I'm trying to preserve the originality of the car & am trying to avoid wet sanding or new paint.  Has anyone had the same problem & fixed it?  Any ideas will be appreciated.
/s/  Bill (FINFOLK)
1959 Dodge CR (Canadian)