Re: [FWDLK] Oops It is a 1955 Dodge

Malibus were built in Canada and sold as Chevelle Malibu at Canadian
Chevrolet-Oldsmobile dealers.  The Beaumont was the Pontiac-Buick dealers'
version of the Chevelle, with the Malibu series sold as the Beaumont Custom
while the Malibu S.S. was the Beaumont Sport Deluxe.   The Beaumont was
replaced by the Pontiac LeMans for the 1970 model year.

The first Acadian (1962-1971) was a Chevy II/Nova for Canadian Pontiac-Buick
dealers.   The Acadian lost the split Pontiac-like grille in 1968, when they
shifted Acadian/Nova production from Oshawa to Willow Run in Michigan .  In
mid-year 1971 the new Pontiac Ventura II replaced the Acadian.

Canadian Pontiacs were Chevrolets with Pontiac grilles, trim, dashboards and
flathead six engines from 1941 to 1954.    In 1955 the Canadian Pontiac used
the Chevrolet chassis, engines and basic body along with Pontiac-syled front
clip, rear end and dashboard.   In 1971 the Parisienne Brougham was just a
Catalina Brougham with Chevrolet engines while the Laurentian was a stripped
Catalina with Bel Air upholstery and door panels.

The 1955 Dodge was a great car.  My father owned a 1955 Dodge Regent 4-door
sedan with the 251-cid flathead six and Powerflite.   He bought it used in
1958 and his only gripe with the car concerned the wheel covers.  He said
they were a pain to remove and relace.  This back in the days when flat
tires were more common than now.

Bill
Vancouver, BC