Re: [FWDLK] hot wiring

Usually, you don't want to run or let it sit too long with a wire from the battery to the coil without using a ballast resistor, as the coil will get quite warm, and eventually 'burn' the points. I saw a coil 'unload' i.e. blow it's guts out by letting it sit with +12 across it too long.

And on the starter, you want to go from the small terminal closest to the battery on the solenoid/starter relay to the battery + terminal, unless you have the 'vacuum safety switch kind-' (not sure about the other mopar/forward look solenoid/starter relays?)

Good luck,

Bob

I've been running a '50 chevy here that's about half converted to 12V with a
jumper from battery positive to coil positive.  Yours could then be cranked
with a jumper cable from battery to the solenoid hot side, this one has a
starter button in it.

It's been long enough I'd want to bring the oil pressure up before I tried
to run it and its' possible it will need a fuel pump -

Or, you could go buy an igition with keys somewhere and swap them out, should be able to remove the switch without need of a key on these cars.

Bill K.