Re: [FWDLK] Autopark for Windshield wipers

Re: [FWDLK] Autopark for Windshield wipers

The way these work is like this:
The motor has constant power. Inside the motor there is a pickup arm that revolves with the shaft. It provides the power to the motor. There is one segment of this contact ring which is separate and is not powered. When you turn on the switch you power this segment and the motor starts to run. As the pick-up arm wipes around the contact surface it is fully powered even as it goes over this segment. When you turn off the switch, you cut the power to this segment and when the motor revolves around to it, the motor stops since there is no power there.

There are, of course, variations of this set-up. Your problem may be that you have no constant power to the motor and it's only getting power from the switch, or the internal power contacts are bad, and the dead segment is getting power from the adjacent ones.

Ray
Ray Jones, Mena, AR in the Ouachita Mountains in western Arkansas
Y'all com'on down and we'll sit ona porch and sip a few.