[FWDLK] re tinted glass for front doors of 62 300 conv

[FWDLK] re tinted glass for front doors of 62 300 conv

Can someone please shed some light on this. The Hollander cross
reference book says that the front door glass on either a 1963 or 1964
chrysler 2 dr or convertible is the same as used on a 1962 chrysler
convertible. However, when checking the part numbers in the chrysler
parts books, they used different number altogether. The correct original
part #'s for shaded front door glass for 1962 chrysler conv are 1909304
& 1909305 while the part # for 1963 or 1964 chrysler 2 dr or conv are
1909712 & 1909713. We know that the 1962 chrysler 2 dr ht glass is a
bit taller by over 1/2 an inch or so but the top curvature is more
pronounced on the convertible glass. Not having a 1963/64 chrysler 2 dr
ht or conv around to compare the glass curvature and size, we are at a
bit of a quandry if perhaps maybe Hollander is correct in that the 63/64
chrysler glass would work for us but it's maybe simply a case of
adjustment to make it work.
We have thought of maybe being able to get a glass shop to cut down
to size the taller glass from a 2 dr ht to make it work but I was told
that tempered glass cannot be cut as it will shatter! Has anyone had
glass cut to size in a case like this.
Any help or comments with this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks from Fern