[FWDLK] Them's the brakes.....

I can't, & don't, take any credit for discovering the relatively simple
conversion of 11x3"  60's Bendix "Duo Servo"  brakes, onto our cars, to
replace the OEM Lockheed "Centerplane" brake-system.

I know of a 300F & a 57(?) Fury that had the converion be done, before
me, and there was an article in the "West Coast 300" club's newsletter,
on the subject, that inspired me to write 2 articles on the project, for
the WPC (club) News.

Altho I went to the trouble of finding (late-60's B-body) 11x3" rear
brakes,  I find that the ubiquitous 11x 2 1/2" rear brakes will work
fine, in conjuction with the 11x3" front brakes, as almost all braking
effort is provided by the front brakes.

The fronts can be obtained from any 63 - 64 Chrysler. You'll need the
complete brake assemblies, and their steering 'knuckles' (the
suspension-piece that 'attaches' to the brakes'
backing plates.

The only 'tricky' thing, is to ensure that the Bendix assemblies'
drum-surfaces, you get,  can be "turned", as necessary, to remove
corrosion, etc.

I've recently replaced the 'standard' brakes' linings, with Firm Feel's
carbon-metallic linings, for even more stopping effort---that's why I'm
interested in developing a locking-seat back mechanism (I've already got
lap belts installed); the Bendix's cause the seat backs to fly-forward,
when I stop quickly!

Neil Vedder