Re: [FWDLK] Positive ground -= battery charging

Re: [FWDLK] Positive ground -= battery charging

Title: RE: [FWDLK] Positive ground -= battery charging
I can remember one time I had a Corvair engine I was trying to start.  I had my battery charger right there and when my battery didn't roll it over any more, I put the charger on it.  I done this several times and then I had to put the charger back on the battery.  I put the Pos of the charger to the Neg of the battery and  when I hooked the Neg of the charger to the Pos of the battery, 2 of the battery caps blew off the battery and hit the ceiling!!!!  It was a good thing that I didn't have my head above the battery.  I paid more attention after that.  Keep polarity correct.
Jack   in Shinglehouse, Pa

Tom Taylor wrote:

> My car's battery was showing in need of a charge to I hooked up my 3
> amp battery charger set at 6 V.  It showed about a 1/2 to 3/4 amp
> charge.  Left it overnight and totally dead.  So, I tried a new
> Interstate that had been shelf sitting for 3 years or more and it was
> dead.
<snip>