Re: [FWDLK] Positive ground -= battery charging

Re: [FWDLK] Positive ground -= battery charging

In a message dated 9/28/2005 7:54:05 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, johnaire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I felt something hot and getting hotter so I took a look and my pants were smoldering as my pants zipper shorted out the terminal to the horns to ground.  In this, the horns were "hot" all the time and when tooting the horns, it went to ground to complete the circuit.

Ah, to be 17 again....  talk about "Hot Pants!"  I love it!

My electric story revolves around having a car with a very old, tired battery, and jump-starting it with a brand-new, expensive battery.  Guess which battery blew up and sprayed acid all over?

The funny (odd) part of this is that I drove a wrecker for several years in Detroit and jump started hundreds of cars and never heard of this until I did it.  Since then I've learned that it's fairly common.

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan