From: Dave Casey
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Introduction and parts needed.

There's no "V" on the trunk of the '58 Plymouth. The only V on the '58 is on the grille. The trunk will have the letters P-L-Y-M-O-U-T-H across it and then the button/lock cylinder by which the trunk is opened. Its very possible that somewhere along the lines, your car acquired a '57 trunk lid, which is the same in every aspect to a '58 except the emblems, but the '57 still didn't have a "V" on the trunk lid.
Some pictures of the car where specific parts, especially the throttle linkage stuff, are missing will help us help you.

Dave Casey