Re: [FWDLK] FW: Horsepower Ratings

Dave Stragand wrote:

This was accidentally sent to the ‘request’ address.

From: Bill/Pat Helm [mailto:modiggers@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 7:03 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Horsepower Ratings

My 1959 Dodge CRL (Canadian) has a 361cid "B series" engine w/2bbl carb. According to my Canadian shop manual, the A.M.A. horsepower rating is 54.3.

Can anyone tell me what that means in U.S. terms?

/s/ Bill Helm

Concord, CA

I believe that this 'rating' is more for those states that taxes cars based on HP.
in the MOTORS manual for that time frame. all the Chrysler cars were simularly rated,
even the 375HP 300-C.

-- Paul Holmgren 2 57 300-C's in Indy Hoosier Corps L#6