[FWDLK] Challenging music...

Maybe not FWDLK related, but the L.A. Times reported today, that Dodge
is going to resurrect the Challenger, next year, as a shortened
wheelbase, 2-dr iteration of the 300/Charger platform, & yeah, its gonna
have a Hemi.

The car will be show-cased @ the Detroit Auto show, in Jan(?).

Last year, the proto-cars were NOT well represented, @ the Barrett
Jackson festivities, & they may not be well represented, again, this
year.....

As far as "music" is related, I've just recently begun to listen to the
Sirius "channels", on my WebTV, & yeah, I know that various
cable-networks, & XM Radio, et al,  offer these theme-channels, but I've
noticed that 1962 appears (IMHO) to have had the "best"  pop music, from
1955-1965.

'62 had EVERYTHING:  R&B, R &R, blues, pop, (softish-)rock, folk,
girl/boy groups, & instrumentals....`.

Our local AM station carries the execrable
"OldiesRadio" syndicated program---truly the lowest common denominator
in :"60's-70's"
music; same-old-top-40s-stuff; but, @ least we've GOT  that.

Vegas has (had?) a great local station (1100?)
called :"Cruizin Oldies".

L.A.'s  got a station @ both 540 & 1260 AM, which broadcasts a good
"Music of Your Life" format, but no schmaltzy-stuff, & there's (been) a
station out of Tijuana, MX, that has broadcast classic
Doo-Wop/R&B---back in the 'day', its call sign was XERA 610 (that
frequency is now sports-talk) .

Out Here, in Bishop, we could receive "music-of-your-life" from KOMO
(1000 Seattle) ; now it's "talk" ,  ditto from Albuquerque, KBOI (Boise,
ID )  & KSL (Salt Lake City) . They're all talk, I believe, now. One
nite Horrie's radio picked up a station in Lincoln Nebraska.

Any other  really good radio stations, out there?

Neil Vedder