From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jack Johnson
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:11 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Turbine Cars

Hi to all,

   I seen that Chrysler put a Turbine engine in a 1955 Plymouth and then in a 1963 Chrysler.  Does any one know how it worked out in the Plymouth and why Chrysler did not keep up the turbine concept.  Also I did see the 1963 Chrysler Turbine car drive past my spots at Chryslers @ Carlisle a few years ago and was able to meet the owner and take a few photos.  Again why did Chrysler not keep this going.  I also was told by my friend who is a car salesman at the oldest Chrysler Dealership in the country (that is stilled owned by the original owners) that the 1963 Chrysler Turbine came to this dealership in 1963 and he got to ride in it.  He still is a salesman there.   The owner still comes in every day and when in town, I stop by and see him.  He is 89 years old.

    Any way back to the turbine cars.  Any one know why Chrysler didn't pursue this more and produce these for the public?

Jack in snowy Shinglehouse, Pa