Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2005 6:03 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Buried Plymouth

In a message dated 12/17/2005 11:20:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, Cebuisle2@xxxxxxx writes:
Viewed the video. Not impressed by the announcer. Gas guzzler? Plymouths had excellent gas mileage in 1957.
I agree with Ted.  I heard the comment about gas guzzler and thought what an idiiot....Plymouth and all of the ForwardLook cars that year won their class in the annual Mobil Gas Economy Run.
But the opportunity to see the preparation was good...Does anyone know what was being sprayed on the walls at the end? Was this an insulation material?  Just can't make it out.  And how was the cover suspended?  All these years with no cave in?     The covering on the car appeared to be a heavy canvass or similar.  The engine was covered. I hope all fluids would have been drained from the engine.  The official from Tulsa seemed to offer some encouragement as to the condition to be expected.
Marv