Re: [FWDLK] Turn Signal - 1955 Dodge Coronet

Re: [FWDLK] Turn Signal - 1955 Dodge Coronet

Tom,

This one I know about. This same thing happened to me. Take a look at both the front running light and the back tail light on the right side of your car. You are looking for a short or non-contact due to rust etc. On mine, I ended up running a separate ground wire for my front running light to resolve the situation. Mine rusted the back of the light socket from making a good ground to the bumper to complete the circuit. It seems as though the turn signal needs both of the lights to be working to function correctly. Also check to see if you have the correct bulbs in both of these lights.

Hope this helps.
Greg in WI
1956 Dodge Royal Lancer

Tom Taylor wrote:

I replaced the bulb in my right rear tail light, brake light, turn signal socket. The tail light function works but no light on turn signal. The right front turn signal light flutters. The turn signal relay audible clicks once and stops. Left side works fine. Any trouble shooting hints here? Tom