Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: Engine Weights chart

Hello Wayne. Your email prompted me to further research. I found quite a few different sources that quote the early hemi weight at approx. 700lbs, or slightly more than the modern bigblocks. The highest source said dry-weight was 710lbs while the lowest one I found mentioned 695lbs. 4 other sources said 700lbs., and of course the Hemmings page that quotes 737.
    So, I stand corrected :)
I can't remember where now, but I had originally gotten that weight chart from some other website. The weight for the modern engines was pretty close, so I assumed the early hemi weights were also close.
    I beleive I'm going to simply change that chart to show "Early Hemi -approx. 730lbs." Without true weights for each of the 3, there's no point in me breaking the 3 apart, as they're all fairly close to each other.

Thanks for dropping a line. I hate it when internet info is incorrect...