Re: [FWDLK] metric vs. English

n 41 12/29/05, Tony Boatman wrote:
>    OK, I freely admit that I flunked this in math class, but can anyone
>    tell me what a 325 cubic inch engine would translate into in today's
>    cubic centimeters?  Also wondering about the 318 ci V8 in my 69 `Cuda.

divide CID by 61 to get litres, and litres is X100 to get cc.  its
not as exact, but its fast and acturate enough...

another way to think of it is to memorize the multiples of 61, and
and  that 0.1 litre is about 6cid

3 litre= 183cid 4 litre= 244cid 5 litre= 305cid 6
litre= 366cid 7 litre= 427cid

so with a CID in hand, pick a whole litre multiple,, (427,366,305..)
and subtract/add the difference in 0.1 litres for each 6cid's.

so a 325 is  5 litres +  20cid ....and 20cid is about .3 litres
so 5.3 litres or 5300cc

a 318, is 5 litres + 13cid, and 13cid is about .2 litres...
5.2  litres... or 5200cc

you can go the route of picking the larger number and then subtracting
.1's of it...

to figure a 354,,  take 6 litres,, or 366cid,  the difference
is 366-354 = 12cid,  or 0.2 litres  6.0-0.2 = 5.8 litres or 5800cc

quick how many litres is a 341cid hemi?  a 225cid slant six?