Re: [FWDLK] Dodge-engine

L stands for 1958
D stands for Dodge
3 means 8-cylinder chassis

Then my ID book says the next character
     L - 350 CID 4-barrel carb (Suburban/Sierra)
     H - 350 CID 4-barrel carb (Custom Royal)
     S - D500 361 CID 4-barrel carb

Doesn't show a "V" anywhere in my book.

The above is to decode the VIN, not the engine number as you state.
My book says engine number should look like L350-1001 or something
like that.

Ed Petrus