Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 12 Jan 2006 to 13 Jan 2006 (#2006-14)

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 12 Jan 2006 to 13 Jan 2006 (#2006-14)

I can add that in 1957, the Park Police in Baltimore county, MD used 300C packages at least. Can't be sure which model Chrysler, think they were "C's", but they had the 2 X 4 300 engine and drive-line.
At the time, my Best friend had a 1957 Fury, and we played with them on many nights, we often talked to them and compared engines and on more than one occasion, raced them. The deal was if you lost, you got a speeding ticket.
There is a hill on US40 west of Baltimore that we called "100 mph Hill". It's at least a 1/2 mile long going down and several miles long going up the other side heading west to the Drive-In we all hung at. I've seen the 150 mph Speedo needle go out of sight past the 150 mark many times on that hill. Never lost a race there, but the fun with the Park police was on the winding twisty roads in the park below that highway. We also did an evil thing once, we had a bunch of Harley Guys racing us down that hill and with them right behind us, pushed the Reverse Button. Did you know that nothing happens except that the Back-up Lights come on? Scared the hell out of those guys right on our bumper!

Ray

?Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography."
* I'm taking it one day at a time and I'm still on yesterday *
Know how to prevent sagging... Just eat till the wrinkles fill out
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.