[FWDLK] Never-say-NEVER (smoking-CAR!)

WOW; we all talk about O.E.M. anomalies, but actual,  honest-to-Mopar,
examples/evidence
of same are  RARE......

I should re-find it, & enclose it, but, if you will log on to the FWDLK
website's display-listing of Forwardlook cars, on Epay, & check out the
newer-pages, under 57 Dodge, you will find an
historical photo, taken : "Sept 57"      [!!!!---extremely
early-production ] of the rear end of a 57 Dodge.

The car has BOTH a trunk "V" emblem, AND "black-painted" back-of-fin
plate.

What's so interesting, is that Coros "DID NOT"
have "V" trunk-emblems, on them [that emblem did NOT designate a V/8
engine ] , but ONLY Coros had  black painted back-of-fin plates.

Royals (& CRL's ) had bright-finish anodized aluminum  back-of-fin
plates, AND the triunk "V" emblems.

So, what IS this car??? A Coro w/the "V" trunk emblem [probably], or a
Roy/CRL w/BLACK
back-of-fin plates???

Rene Kroeger tells a story of his having worked @ a Dodge dealership, in
59, & seeing a new-
model 59 D500 with a D500 emblem, mounted on the TRUNK (a la 57 -58);
can't remember if that car also had the emblems, on the fins, too, but,
Rene has no pics of that car......just the story.

But, "here" is a PHOTO of a factory anomaly!!!

Neil Vedder