Re: [FWDLK] A pair of '57 300's

Rich <RJZ123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ugh - they went to commecial during the bidding on a pair of '57 300's -
a ht and a vert !!!! Hope they show the '57 Imperial vert later
[#1278].

Cruising in S. Florida

Yup!  Seems like they do that a LOT on there.  Just caught the tail-end of the bidding on that 57 DeSoto vert yesterday as it rolled off the red carpet, for 105 grand.

Nothing against the Hemi Chargers, Cudas, Satellites, ect and all the Corvettes, Camaros, Impalas, Malibus and Mustangs, but gee whiz, the finned Mopars are "classics" too and should command just as much attention as the more "mainline" brands.

I can't handle watching how it's done.&! nbsp; Drives me absolutely nuts what with all the jabbering, long-range shots of what could be for all I know, an overhead view of a typical Walmart parking lot with shoppers milling around, and the incessant talk about everything OTHER than the actual auctions.

But I think what gets me the most is the overbearing and  too-frequent commercial breaks.

Starting yesterday, I got a 6hr vhs tape in the vcr and record the entire event and then watch it later on where I can fast forward through all the extraneous nonsense and make that long drawn out 6hr show into a more realistic and manageable 90 minute show.

Sorry for the rant.

Karl