From: "Larry Gardinier" <gardinier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 7:11 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] 61 starter

> I'm trying to get the 61 Newport started after it's 20 year slumber. The
plug wires are now correct- thanks to all for the help. The latest issue is
the starter. A little bit of smoke is rising from the solinoid, it cranks
too slow for a new battery and sometimes it just whirrrrrs. This is a 1961
361, can I use a newer starter or even a Dakota starter on this? We're not
too concerned about originality if there is a better, lighter, more
available alternative.