[FWDLK] 57 Dodge CRL sighting on TCM

Rather than watching the B-J auctions and realizing how poor I am, I watched Turner Classic Movies and happened upon “Holiday for Lovers,” a potboiler romance supposedly set in Brazil (although it looked suspiciously like Southern California).  Featured prominently in several scenes was a beautiful 1957 Dodge CRL convertible in solid black – quite a pretty car.

Curiously, and only in Hollywood, one scene shows a black 57 Dodge Coronet convertible approaching in a rear view mirror, but when it actually passes the camera car, it has miraculously transformed into a toothy CRL!  I guess that proves there were at least two jet black 57 Dodge convertibles in Hollywood that year.

Tony B in Boise