To: "Dave Casey" <dcasey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 1961 newport w/392 Hemi?

Dave Casey wrote:

I don't know about the 61 transmission, but there's a good possibility there. You would probably need the seperator plate from the 392 and the transmission from a Poly powered car (bolt pattern on a big block is different). Does anyone know when they went from the extended crank flange to the current style? That would be your other big hickup.
You could always acquire a 727 that came behind a 392 (I can probably help you out there, as my brother has one still in the original packaging, a '57 Imperial parts car).

I know that adapters are readily available to connect a 392 to a small block 727 from 62-up, which would include the A518 overdrive version. Among the places that would carry them are PAW and Bob Mazzolini.

Dave Casey

Psst!!! that very well might be a torqueflight in that 57, BUT if it is the original 1957 version it is known as the cast iron TF
NOT the aluminum casing 727!!!

-- Paul Holmgren 2 57 300-C's in Indy Hoosier Corps L#6