[FWDLK] Expensive Lessons....

I've been waiting for someone to Post that the seller is nun-udder than
Tony Boccaccio,

Tony is the gentleman who had/has the  "Canadian-built", apparently, 57
CRL D501 2-dr HT.

Tony did show me some documentation, IIRC, to support the Special-Order
status, on that car, AND, I've seen that the CAN Paint/Trim plate DOES
have a light-stamping, on its "Body"
area, on that plate: "KDS-501", but , we are NOT discussing that car,
which was sold to Charlie Marshall, of Frisco-area.

Charlie told me that he is having Tony complete the resto on that car.

The engine number, on "Charlie's" car is KD501-1019, which is a
very-early engine-number (the 1st one bearing [either; they were
"stamped" in both 'prefixes] KD501-1001, or D501-1001. The last one was
reportedly xxx-1102.

Tony, IIRC, has referred to engine # KD501-1090(??), which is a "late"
stamping.

IIRC(ii), that engine may have been bought
FROM Charlie, as I 'recognize' that engine as
the one which has 'floated' around the country, from the PA area,

I obtained a recorded statement from that engine's original owner, years
ago. The engine HAD been installed in an all-black Coro convie D501, but
it had been (lightly!!) wrecked (driven into a ditch, damaging its rt/ft
area), and then, dismantled/discarded...but the engine was pulled and
saved.

In looking @ Tony's "auction" pics, I see no evidence of former "police"
usage/duty.

I wrote to him, anonymously, asking for P/T plate, & 'police'  info, but
never got a response from him.

I'm going to PM Charlie Marshall with this message.

Neil Vedder