[FWDLK] VIN-less cars

As an addendum to Mike Sutherland's message, about production numbers
not matching VIN's, I recall, @ the WPC Meet, (91?) that visited the
Belvidere, IL,  assembl;y plant, that I happened to look closely @ a
white-painted Dodge Stratus, in a 'factory' parking-spot, on the plant
premises, that had NO VIN attached to it. Maybe nothing 'unusual'
about that car, but, it WAS kinda neat to see a 'real'  "non-existant"
car!

It was manufactured for around-plant usage, but, here was a "car" that
didn't (officially) exist!

BTW, during the plant tour, we were informed not to take any pics, but I
recall that they were in the process of building only-white Dodge
Diplomat(?) cars, for whatever reason--mebbe testing the
construction-system, or, Fleet-
construction purposes.