[FWDLK] Car show in Moultrie GA

I spent yesterday walking around the event looking at parts and cars for sale.  Out of probably 1000 vehicles maybe 20 MOPARS were present and out of that, two 1950 Plymouths, a 42 Chrysler, an early 60s Desoto and the rest Darts and either real or cloned Superbird and Charger 500. There was one hemi-challenger   that was a pretty car.

As to be expected, the majority of the vehicles there were 55-57 Chevy, street rods and a lot of older and somewhat newer trucks.  I guess we are all sitting on gold mines once Forward look cars catch on.  There was a really nice Javelin there advertised for $7500 and some junk more popular cars there for same money.  Guess Javelins are not the deal these days.  Those old bullet nose Studes are still about the ugliest car I have seen leave a factory but I also understand that a warthog’s mama thinks he is cute. (IMHO)

As to be expected, there was zip there for Mopar parts.

I did get by the Coker Tire trailer and eyeballed the Goodrich WW tires that would fit my car and now just mulling giving up my beer budget to buy a set.

Happy Superbowl watching.  I have the DVD set so I can watch the commercials later should I fall asleep.  For the millions per minute paid for these ads, they are generally good to watch.

I was impressed that one father had his 6th or 7th grade son with him and they were looking for parts for a Studebaker that was to be the son’s project.  The boy had a sign made of cardboard around him like a sandwich board stating that he needed parts for that particular car.  I thought that was cool.  Might as well as had one of those for myself but the kid was braver.

Tom Taylor

55 Coronet