Re: [FWDLK] Online payment services

Had this same problem with accepting payments.

I had one overseas bidder use a site "payingfast.com" but I do not know if
it still exists - has been quite some time.

Here is the new eBay "Safe Payments Policy" directly from their pages -

Permitted on eBay.com: Sellers may offer to accept PayPal, credit cards
including Mastercard/Visa /Amex/Discover, debit cards and bank electronic
payments online for eBay purchases. Sellers may also offer to accept
bank-to-bank transfers, often known as bank wire transfers or bank cash
transfers. Sellers may accept COD (cash on delivery) or cash for in person
transactions. Sellers may offer to accept payment through Certapay and
Propay. Sellers may offer to accept personal checks, money orders, cashier's
checks, certified checks and other negotiable instruments.

Not permitted on eBay.com: Sellers may not solicit buyers to mail cash.
Sellers may not ask buyers to send cash through instant cash transfer
services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as We ste rn Unio n
or Mo ney gra m. Sellers may not ask buyers to pay with Sto rm pay. Finally,
sellers may not request payment through online payment methods not
specifically permitted in this policy.

It being copied directly from eBay means you have to obey it but they can
change or ignore it at any time for any reason including ignorance on the
part of their own staff.

Anyhow, Certapay and Propay seem to be the options as alternative to Bidpay.
I have no idea anything about either service - I figure I will check them
out if and when someone wants to use them.

It looks like you can offer to pay with Western Union or to send cash, but I
had listings pulled for telling people "it's not a good idea but I won't
send it back if you do" send cash.

Just making it harder to sell junk, I suppose.  Sometimes they change things
just for the sake of change, no matter how many problems it causes or who it
inconveniences.  Personally, ever since Paypal decided to charge and charge
the accepting party, I've really hated using it.

Bill K.