Re: [FWDLK] bogus eBay seller

I reported 3 of the item #'s to ebay sellers fraud along with a note to check out his store items. They replied, but said they will pursue it but won't report back to me due to the # of this kind of reports they get.
I just checked the link to his store and all 9 cars are now gone.

Here is a snip from an email on the Chrysler 300 list-server:
Ebay has a reporting mechanism in place that allows members to report a suspected fraudulent auction - Press the Help button at the top of the mainpage, go to "Security Center" on the left side of the next page, and select "Report Another Problem".? You will have a menu that you select "Fraud Concerns for Buyers" in the upper window, and the lower window, select "Report a Listing that you think is fraudulent (you didn't bid)" and you can enter the auction number and send the message to eBay.
??
? I've done this fraud reporting for several 300 letter car auctions that I've browsed - I'm sure I'm not the only one doing it - and the auction is usually removed within the day.? This and other lowball "buy it now" scams for non-existent vehicles have been very popular with late-model Harley-Davidsons for some time.
??
? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

What blows me away is listing a Packard for $2900 "Buy it Now" and getting bids on it. Most of the other cars were way under priced and yet people are bidding.
Ya gotta know it's a scam.
Regards, Ray