Van: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens John J. Hertog
Verzonden: woensdag 8 maart 2006 0:04
Aan: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: [FWDLK] glass problem and question

Hello there..

On my ’61, at the lower edge of the glass, where it meets either the gasket (if windshield or back window)  or where it meets the metal frame (if side glass), there is a layer of “stuff” that just won’t come off – on the OUTSIDE of the glass, only.  It appears that this “film” was left there by leaves and various crap, as the car sat outside for years. It is NOT delamination of the glass – it most definitely is on the outside.  It looks like whitish, frosty stuff… almost like what it would look like if the glass had been sandblasted.

It’s really strange, careful work with a razor blade will remove some of it, but it’s very slow and tedious. In some areas, the razor blade won’t even remove it.

Has anyone experienced anything like this and come up with a solution for getting rid of this crap ?

John Hertog

Sag Harbor NY