Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 6:01 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Off Topic but very important

FYI on getting mulch.   We need to be careful for the next couple of years.

Laurie Coulter
Dow AgroSciences
12508 Hardings Trace Pl.
Richmond VA  23233
lfcoulter@xxxxxxx   E-Mail
804-360-1708          Office Phone
804-360-0867          Office Fax
804-690-2246          Cell Phone

For those gardeners among us:

If you use mulch around your house be very careful about buying mulch this
year. After the hurricane in New Orleans many trees were blown over. These
trees were then turned into mulch and the state is trying to get rid of
tons and tons of this mulch to any state or company who will come and haul
it away. So it will be showing up in Home Depot and Lowes at dirt cheap
prices with one huge problem; Formosan Termites will be the bonus in many
of those bags. New Orleans is one of the few areas in the country where the
Formosan Termites has gotten a strong hold and most of the trees blown down
were already badly infested with those termites. Now we may have the worst
case of transporting a problem to all parts of the country that we have
ever had. These termites can eat a house in no time at all and we have no
good control against them, so tell your friends that own homes to avoid
cheap mulch and know were it came from.

    Here's the link:
    Click here: LSU AgCenter . Formosan Subterranean Termites Portal