Re: [FWDLK] Lowering the car

I have blocks in cars from my '53 Studebaker to my '69 Coronet R/T.
My question would be who supplied the new springs?  I've had excellent relations with Eaton-Detroit Spring for new (not rearched) springs.  One time a misunderstanding caused them to build springs for a DeSoto wagon instead of the 2dr I have.  They were 4-5 inches too high the first time. We worked it out.

I think it is "Speedway" rod and custom supply that has blocks from 1" to 4" in 1/2 inch increments to get EXACTLY what you want.

But with new springs, it should be the springs that are giving you the ride and height that you want, NOT just blocks.

Remember to check your pinion angle when you are done.  You may have to use wedges at the U-bolts to adjust this.  The two inch blocks in my Coronet were machined off at an angle to adjust the pinion angle.   And I'm sure you know you have to realign the front end with any ride height change front or rear..

Wayne