Re: [FWDLK] Engine size for 1955 Belvedere

Re: [FWDLK] Engine size for 1955 Belvedere

I believe the Dodge hemi/poly and Plymouth poly in this series are all
basically the same block, from the 241 up through the 318 and Dodge
325/326 -

My friend has this oddball mud truck he picked up that has a huge frame,
military axles and tires, a '72 Ford cab, a '70's GM bed, and the engine is
a Hemi. We looked up the block number and it comes back to either '55 or '56
Plymouth; the heads apparently are Dodge (valve covers are plain).  It runs
pretty good, too.

It does lead to the question of how much the Plymouth blocks could be bored
out, too, I wouldn't be surprised to find out this was bored but the only
way to know would be to tear it down.

Bill K.