Re: [FWDLK] 12 inch brake shoes

Check around for a brake shop that knows how to reline shoes.  (Believe it
not, most these days don't).  Then take your shoes in and have them relined.
They will remove the old lining remmants, clean the shoes, and attach new
lining molded for a 12" drum, cut into a 2.5" width.   Much cheaper than
buying from some seller on eBay these days.

And for those who don't like the idea of buying "relined" shoes, sorry to
break the news, but that is what you find after the cars have been out of
production for a few years.  Which is why you turn in your old shoes (and
disc brake pads) when you purchase 'new' ones.  They take your old
shoes/pads and follow the directions in my first paragraph.  Also why they
do not accept damaged shoes/pads.

And do not be too concerned if the new linings are bonded and not rivetted.
That is what Chrysler used when the cars were new.   Bonded brake linings,
by the way, was a Chrysler Corporation first.

Bill
Vancouver, BC